This salad is one of my favorite sides to bring to parties and gatherings. It can be eaten on its own with a fork, or scooped up with tortilla chips – whatever you want! The onion and chili powder gives it a little zing, but it’s definitely not too spicy for anyone’s pallet. It tastes good the first day, but I’ve found it’s even better after it marinates overnight! It’s very easy to double or triple if you’re feeding a crowd, too.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
Combine vinegar, oil, salt, sugar, pepper, cumin, chili powder and cilantro with a whisk in a bowl. Add beans, corn, bell pepper, and onion and stir well. Serve cold (although it’s still good at room temperature).
I hope y’all like this recipe, it’s become one of our go-to’s!